Well, I can't stand memes, I can't stand people asking me to do memes but I'll do it this one time because my wife tagged me and I'd be happy to make an exception for her.
Okay, so here are 25 random things about me:
1). I'm a re-trained left hander: I do everything with my left side (Kick balls, open doors, drink, etc.) except for writing. My mother thought it was a good idea to train me to write with my right hand. And, yes, I can't draw because of that.
2) My first pet was called: Chirpy-Chirpy-Cheep-Cheep. He died a few days later.
3) When I go to Starbucks or Coffee&Bean, my name is Bob. Who can pronounce Uwe?
4) I'm a Gemini. I like to do 10 things at once.
5) I wrote 3 screen plays. One was made into a TV movie in Germany. Nobody important to me has ever seen it.
6) Providence is my favorite restaurant in the world. Gary Danko is a close second. I'd do almost anything to have a good tasting/wine pairing evening there.
7) We still sit on the same couch in our living room that I purchased for a few dimes 13 years ago. I feel like a student.
8) I get up each day at 4.30 am. And stop working around 9pm. I'm crazy.
9) I can't sleep unless I'm listening to talk radio in my headphones. Call me weird.
10) Even though I didn't have contact with my father for more than 10 years, I miss him a lot. There's a huge difference between not communicating and being dead. I have no ways of connecting with him ever again. And that's a heart breaker.
11) My dog has allergies, stinks and is annoying. But I love her to death.
12) I love my daughter so much, it hurts.
13) I used to play games for hours. Flight Simulator, Civilization, Donkey Kong - whatever. I can't even remember the last time I played a game.
14) I think gapingvoid.com is one of the most unique voices out there. You should consume everything he produces. I also love that he lives in Alpine, TX.
15) The worst thing that ever happened to my life was the commute. It drains all the life out of me to drive to work and back each day for more than 2 hours. What a waste of energy. And life.
16) I love, adore and respect my wife. I hope she feels the same way.
17) I never thought I would become a marketer. I always believed I would fly planes or heal people. To make up for my sins as an advertiser, I'm focusing on Social Marketing.
18) The first time I visited Los Angeles I couldn't believe anybody wanted to live here. Now I've been here for 13 years
19) My favorite drinks (in that order): Nonfat Latte, Dirty Martini Ketel 1, Syrah.
20) Losing weight was easy. Staying below 160lbs is a daily battle. I'm winning.
21) I miss a few European things: Walking, interacting, city layouts. I don't miss the European mentality of thinking that the future will be worse and we all should just shut up and endure. I always loved how Americans grabbed the bull by the horn. Or the bear, to stay in the current economic scenario.
22) Basically, I stopped watching TV. Yes, a bit of Weeds, Lost, Survivor and Mad Men. But TV has lost its draw. Everything is digital.
23. I still feel an emotional connection to music. But it's being drowned out by constant flow of information.
24. Cleaning my teeth at night takes at least 10 minutes.
25. I feel misunderstood.