Wednesday, June 6, 2007

BMW - Defining Innovation


So, I used to create commercials. And, I'm proud of my work. But, after watching this commercial, I had to go back to this blog and confess my sins:
This BMW ad is beautiful, amazing visuals, a great story. It must have been fascinating to meet Theo Jansen, to be part of this experience. A great project I would have loved to be part of.

But, it doesn't make me run to the next BMW dealership. BMW stands for performance. Period. And that's what BMW should talk about.

And that's what too many advertising people do: It's all about the cool commercial, never about the brand. The product. Sales.
These agencies and mindsets will be wiped out in a few years. And we'll be left with beautiful pictures. And a more productive future.

No comments: