Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What will I say to her when she grows up?


We're not engineers. We won't be able to solve our reliance on fossil fuels.
We're not scientists. We won't solve the global cancer problem.
We're just marketers. But we still have a huge responsibility:

When my girl grows up, will she look me in the eye and ask "What did you do to make this world a better place?" I hope I was able to provide her a good childhood, education and wrap her with love. But, will I be able to say more:

Did I help move marketing away from advertising to conversations?
Did I help change brands perception of advertising away from getting attention to paying attention?
Did I add value and experiences to people's life?

Marketers face a huge challenge. Are you ready for it? Are you ready to answer her question?

No comments: