Wednesday, April 4, 2007

El Creepo aka Uncle Ben


Full Disclosure: I like TBWA/Chiat/Day/Tequila's work, I know a few people who work there and I admire their corporate culture. But, I gotta say, I don't know what they were thinking when they created this abysmal website for Uncle Ben's Rice.
B.L. Ochman already blasted the creators and I won't even attempt to top that.
My main complaint is that I was bored within 2 seconds. The timer makes a lot of brand sense (Rice - timer, get it?) but it makes no sense in the interactive space since loading times are excruciatingly long and painful. Why does it take seconds to load a little diary entry? If I get a video in return I might forgive the loading time but a little diary page? What the hell? After reading Ochman's article, I was motivated to spend at least 5 minutes on the site but I left after 1 minute. There's only so much pain I can take.

No comments: