Friday, April 27, 2007
Observations from ad-tech
- There was almost no talk about mobile marketing. My guess is, everybody assumes mobile will be a player in the near future. No reason to hype it anymore.
- Interesting role reversal: The Chief Creative Officer from Publicis defended the Status Quo of the outdated distribution model. Managers from P&G and Motorola were passionate about social media and didn't believe the old agency model is sustainable.
- WOM was the hottest session. The room was filled 20 minutes before the session started and the line outside was 100 people deep.
- Best remark of the conference: Media Plans should be designed for optimization.
- As expected, best session was about Conversational Marketing.
Summary: ad-tech has run its course. There are better events out there, this has felt stale for a while. It's been good to know you.